Pros and Cons to Do-It-Yourself Moving Guide
Should you move yourself or hire a professional moving company?
Perhaps the biggest decision that you have to make during
your relocation process is whether you'll hire a moving company
or do the move yourself. There are many differnet things to
consider before moving yorself or hiring a professional mover.
Hiring a professional moving company
- Hiring a moving company can be time-saving for you. You
may not have the time to load/unload your shipment and drive
- You avoid over-exerting yourself. The movers will complete
the loading/unloading of your heavy boxes and furniture.
It is also much more convenient to have a licensed truck
driver cover the long distances.
- Your chances for a damage-free move are much greater
when professional movers do the packing. They're experienced
in handling your furniture and fragile items and they use
only the best boxes and packing supplies. In the event of
damages to your items, the movers will be liable.
- You may not feel comfortable placing your items in the
hands of strangers.
- You have to devote some time to research prospective
- You have to manage schedules and keep in close contact
with your movers.
Moving yourself or hiring a pick up and delivery service
- You have greater control of every aspect of your self
- You have more flexibility with the timing of your move.
- You may save money if the size of your move is manageable.
- Inexperience. If you have never done a self-move, it will
be difficult to conduct a long-distance move your first
time out. In addition, you may not be familiar with driving
a large rental moving truck.
- You are solely responsible for any damages to your items.
Injuries and damages become more susceptible when you and
your helpers personally handle your heavy boxes and furniture.
- You may miss more time off work than you anticipated.
More information on Do It Yourself and Self Moves
Self Service and Do It Yourself Moving Companies @ Mover MAX